In order to avoid falling victim to fraud it is crucial that you know how to recognize a scam when you see one. Here are some quick tips to follow in order to avoid falling victim:
- Never transfer funds to an individual or company where the beneficiary is not El Cid Vacations Club. If you receive a request to transfer funds to another beneficiary contact us immediately
- El Cid Vacations Club will never send you documents or correspondence with the logo and emblem other than that of El Cid Vacations Club. If you receive, any form of communication where the logo or emblem does not have the El Cid Vacations Club Name contact us immediately. Even if the logo has El Cid in the name.
- Do not click links that are in an email. El Cid will never send you attachments and information you did not originally request.
- Verify the company sending the email and/or attachment via a quick google search or through social media. If there is no real evidence or information of the company, it is most likely a scam.
- Mark unwanted or unrequested email, as spam do not simply delete it. Marking these emails as spam will train your email inbox to effectively recognize unwanted emails as spam.
- Check the URL of a website carefully, alarm bells should ring if it does not match the content, contains spelling errors or is absurdly long. Ensure the website, in the URL box, has a green closed padlock and https in the toolbar. Never enter personal or financial information on a site that does not contain these features.
- They will contact you mentioning they work for a bank and that an account with money to your name requires your authorization for it to be released, in an effort for you to send them your signature. Similarly they will say they require you pay taxes on the cash offer in order for them to send you the money pertaining to the original offer. This is not true.
- They may even go as far as to impersonate a government employee and/or government entity claiming they need to verify personal and sensitive information or pay taxes.
Being part of the El Cid Vacations Club family and having this information present allows you to have peace of mind and thoroughly enjoy your membership now and always.
If you receive what you believe to be an email that’s designed to look like it’s from ECVC or if you have any questions or concerns please send them to email@example.com or contact us at:
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Remember we are here for you.
The ECVC Team